Monday 8 October 2012

Liverpool Psych Fest

My my there were a lot of pretty women at Liverpool Psych Fest!


I write a BIG THANK YOU to Jon Nash, the drummer of Hookworms for putting me on their cheap list.

Mugstar ruled as usual and I nabbed Jason Stoll's setlist at the end of their set:
Black Fountain
Serra
In Earth
Axis
Bethany Heart / Star

There was a mighty buzz about Dead Skeletons who did not dissappoint, and Hookworms played the best I've seen them yet (third time). The Lucid Dream were much improved since the first time I saw them a couple of years ago.

Two previously unfamiliar bands impressed me; Helicon and Ancient River.

The only low point was that more than half the people seemed to split before Plank! played which was a shame. The first gig I'd seen them do with new drummer Liam was predictably not on a par with the album launch, and I hope Dave's prog tendencies don't go too much further...

No comments:

Post a Comment